A formal complaint letter is a letter which is written in a formal way to complaint about any serious matter. We can make the complaint about anything if we are concerned by that thing for example if you are a customer of any brand or the company, then you have got the rights to complain about the product or the services of the company if you are not satisfied by them.
In a similar manner complaint letters are used almost at all the domains where there may be the scope of raising any kind of complaint. So, today in this article we are going to discuss the several kinds of formal complaint letters, which you can write formally.
We urge you to read the entire article to have a basic understanding of the formal complaint letters and get their templates so that you can easily use them to make the complaint about anything you want.
Formal Complaint Letter Format
Format is the first and the foremost thing which comes forward while writing the complaint letter. As the complaint letter is formal which means that it is to be addressed to the formal authorities concerning any complaint thus the format must be formal enough so that it can be regarded.
The format of the formal letter must be simple yet professional enough that it can convey all the aspects of the complaints in the comprehensive and clear manner. Below are the certain tips which you should keep in your mind while preparing the format of the complaint letter.
- The complaint letter should be starting from your details at the top of the letter.
- As a complaint making person you should be writing your name and the address.
- After that the name of the recipient should be written which means the authority to whom the letter is being addressed along with the address.
- Now write the subject matter against whom the complaint is being made.
- Next comes the next subject field in which you need to write the whole subject of the complaint in the detailed manner.
Formal Complaint Letter Template
In the world of Internet things have become really easy and when it comes to the templates then they are quite easily available on the internet. Yes now you don’t have to prepare the format of the complaint letter on your own, since you can already get the readymade template of the complaint letter from here.
This template can be easily used by any user to write the complaint letter and all the template has been made using the several kinds of the formats such as MS Word,Excel,PDF etc. You can get one such format of the template which fulfils your requirements.
Formal Complaint Letter Example
The example of the complaint letter is for the people who are going to write the complaint letter for the very first time and are seeking the basic idea about it. Here in this section we are attaching a hypothetical example of the complaint letter which will help you as a guide to write this letter even when you are a beginner in this domain.
We urge you to have a look of the example of the formal complaint letter which has been designed in the formal and the professional manner to help you out in the same context.
Formal Complaint Letter Sample
The sample of the complaint letter can help you in understanding the overall frame of the complaint letter, so that you can develop the basic understanding that how the formal complaint letter should be framed.
Formal complaint letter is written fulfilling all the formal norms of the complaint letter, as this kind of letter is generally addressed to the formal authorities in the context of any issue.
You can write the formal complaint letter in the following manner.
- Start the letter by mentioning the date at the top of the letter in the left side.
- After that write the name of the authorities to whom the letter is being addressed and then below write the address of the authority.
- You can also attach the contact number of the authority and then comes the main body of the letter.
- The main body is to mention the whole subject of the complaint.
- State the whole subject in the formal manner which must be clear to the authorities.
- Try to keep the letter as precise as you can and don’t make any kinf of grammatical mistakes.
- After that end the letter with your expectations that you expect from the authorities in the context of the complaint.
- End the letter with your regards and signature at the end.
How to Write a Formal Complaint Letter About a Coworker
There may be the requirement of writing the complaint letter at the workplace against the coworker when you encounter something wrong from your colleague or the Coworker. It may be either against the working norms of the company or may be completely unethical, which needs to be put in the knowledge of the authorities.
It is your responsibility to report any such scenario to the authorities being the coworker, so that it can be looked after by the authorities. You can use the below mentioned template in this context to write this complaint letter.
How to write a Formal Complaint Letter about your Boss
Sometimes the issues may arise between the employer and the employee and the employee may end up paying the price of it. The issues may be of several types and it’s often the employee who is exploited in such chaos as the Boss or the employer always enjoys the high authority in this regard.
Well, as an employee you have right to complain about your Boss or the employer if you want to proceed with the matter. Here below is how you can write this complaint letter against your Boss.
- Write the name of the authorities to whom the letter is to be addressed along with the address.
- Then provide your information to the authorities such as your name and the name of your organization where you work.
- Write the subject matter of the letter so that the subject of the letter may become clear.
- Now you just need to write the main body of the letter in which you need to explain the whole scenario of your complaint about your Boss.
- You need to provide every little information of the scenario about which the whole complaint letter is based.
- You may appeal for the justice in the complaint letter from the authorities.
End the letter with your signature at the end and mention the date as well.
Formal Complaint Letter to HR